The Student visa comprises 8 subclasses (subclass 570–576), based on the education sector of your main course.

A further subclass of student visa, the Student Guardian (Subclass 580) visa, provides for certain persons to reside with a student under 18 years of age in Australia, where that student requires a guardian.

Who should apply?

The Student visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:
apply for your first student visa
renew your student visa
apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa

The Student Guardian visa is for foreign nationals applying to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student under 18 years of age who is studying in Australia.

For detailed information on Student visa kindly click here.